Availability: Most of our events have limited availability and tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you contact us by email or telephone at the office organising the event, we will confirm availability of tickets and send you an email about secure online payment.
Alternatively, please post the booking form to the office named on the form, with a cheque in payment. We recommend that you contact us in advance of sending your form to confirm availability of places.
Tickets are sent out by email as printable e-tickets as standard. If you do not have an email address, tickets can be collected on the day of the event at the venue. If your booking form arrives after all available tickets have been allocated your cheque will be returned to you.
Refunds: refunds cannot be made unless a cancellation is received 8 working days in advance of the event.
Events Mailing List: To keep up to date with our latest events and to avoid disappointment through late booking, join our mailing list.
- Email: email email@example.com with your name, address and telephone number and we will inform you of forthcoming events by email
- Post: if you don't have an email address, please send your contact details to Events Mailing List, Staffordshire Record Office, Eastgate Street, Stafford ST16 2LZ
Medieval Stafford and its Records
Victoria County History Study Day
Dr Andrew Sargent: "Stafford - an Anglo-Saxon burh?"
Dr Nigel Tringham: "Medieval Stafford - what we know so far"
Dr Andrew Sargent: "What can archaeology tell us?"
Dr Nigel Tringham: "The Medieval Stafford Project"
- Venue: Staffordshire Record Office
- Date: Saturday 21 November, 10.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
- Admission: Tickets £10.00, from Staffordshire Record Office. Limited places available, advance bookings only. Please telephone 01785-278379 to reserve your ticket, or download and complete the booking form below, and send in by post.
Medieval Stafford VCH Study Day Booking Form (427kb)
Free Family History Help Sessions
Help with the online resource Find My Past. A short training session on finding and using Staffordshire records, with opportunity to ask questions.
- Venue: Staffordshire Record Office
- Date: Wednesday 25 November 2015, 2.00 p.m.
- Date: Thursday 26 November 2015, 10.30 a.m.
- Date: Wednesday 2 December 2015, 10.30 a.m.
- Date: Friday 4 December 2015, 10.30 a.m.
- Admission: Tickets are free, from Staffordshire Record Office. Due to limited places available, tickets are available by advance bookings only. Please telephone 01785-278373 to reserve your ticket
Further training sessions with online resources are planned. Please call or email if you would be interested in a future help session, giving your preferred time/day of the week.
The 1939 Register
A presentation by Findmypast family historian Myko Clelland brought to you in collaboration with Border History.
Myko Clelland will describe the 1939 Register, one of the biggest family history record sets to be released in recent years. Learn the history behind the records, the details included within, the scope of the project to digitise them and all the search tips and tricks you need to be a 1939 expert! Myko will also cover the range of Staffordshire family history resources that can now be found on the site.
- Venue: City Central Library, Bethesda Street, Hanley
- Date: Saturday 5 December, 11.00 a.m.
- Admission: Tickets are free, from Stoke on Trent City Archives. Due to limited places available, tickets are available by advance bookings only. Please telephone 01782-238420 to reserve your ticket.
Battle of Waterloo Bicentenary Exhibition on Tour in 2015-2016
Discover more about Emperor Napoleon's final defeat and some of the stories of those involved from original documents held by the Archive Service.
Tour Programme - admission free