Availability: Most of our events have limited availability and tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you contact us by email or telephone at the office organising the event, we will confirm availability of tickets and send you an email about secure online payment.
Alternatively, please post the booking form to the office named on the form, with a cheque in payment. We recommend that you contact us in advance of sending your form to confirm availability of places. You may then make payment online using the relevant event code.
Tickets are sent out by email as printable e-tickets as standard. If you do not have an email address, tickets can be collected on the day of the event at the venue. If your booking form arrives after all available tickets have been allocated your cheque will be returned to you.
Refunds: refunds cannot be made unless a cancellation is received 8 working days in advance of the event.
Events Mailing List: To keep up to date with our latest events and to avoid disappointment through late booking, join our mailing list.
- Email: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and telephone number and we will inform you of forthcoming events by email
- Post: if you don't have an email address, please send your contact details to Events Mailing List, Staffordshire Record Office, Eastgate Street, Stafford ST16 2LZ
Free One-to-One Family History Help Sessions
Help with the online resource Find My Past. A short training session on finding and using Staffordshire records, with opportunity to ask questions.
- Venue: Lichfield Record Office
- Date: Thursdays at 2.00 p.m.
- Date: Thursdays at 3.00 p.m.
- Admission: Tickets are free, from Lichfield Record Office, by advance booking only. Please telephone 01543-510720 to reserve your ticket.
Battle of Waterloo Bicentenary Exhibition on Tour in 2015-2016
Discover more about Emperor Napoleon's final defeat and some of the stories of those involved from original documents held by the Archive Service.
Tour Programme - final months - admission free
Staffordshire History Day, 2016
New developments in Staffordshire History - a collaboration between Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Archive Service, Keele University and the Centre for West Midlands History at the University of Birmingham
Attention! New venue!
Dr Nigel Tringham (Keele University): "Histories of Staffordshire"
Dr Tony Phillips (Keele University): "Staffordshire and its Maps"
Andrew Homer (Black Country Living Museum): "Brewing in Nineteenth Century Staffordshire"
Martin Perkins (Birmingham City University): "Sir Samuel Hellier's Musical People"
Dr Alannah Tomkins (Keele University): 'Paupers in Staffordshire' Project
Also updates on Archaeology, Archives and Heritage, Local History at Birmingham University and the Victoria County History.
- Venue: Riverway Centre, Riverway, Stafford, ST16 3TH
- Date: Saturday 7 May 2016, 10.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
- Admission: Tickets £19.00, from Staffordshire Record Office. Limited places available, advance bookings only. Please either:
- telephone 01785-278379 to reserve your ticket, then make payment online, or
- download and complete the booking form below, and send in by post.
- Event code for online payments: SHD16
- Lunch and Refreshments: included in ticket price
- Parking: free, on-site
Staffordshire History Day Booking Form (427kb)
Staffordshire History Day Programme (468kb)