Equipment and Adaptations
An Occupational Therapy Team is available to work with children and young people with a disability who live in Staffordshire to enable them to carry out everyday activities more safely and easily in their home.
A wide variety of support is available which may include:
- Suggesting alternative ways of doing a task.
- Arranging the loan of equipment to help care for a child or young person or to enable him/her to be independent.
- Recommending and arranging funding for minor building adaptations, identified as essential to a child or young person's safety or independence.
- Arranging a Direct Payment for the purchase of recommended equipment or minor adaptations.
- Referral for a Disabled Facilities Grant for major adaptations to a child or young person's home, where necessary.
- Advice on building alterations and the purchase of disability equipment.
- Advice on grants to provide some specialist equipment.
- Signposting to different or more appropriate services if necessary.
Contact First Response
If you feel your child might need our services please contact the First Response Team. Lines are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm:
Telephone: 0800 13 13 126
Fax: 01785 854223.
You can also write to: First Response Team
Other Organisations Who Can Help
Information on other organisations who provide advice and support on equipment is available below.