Child Protection

  • Have you got a serious concern about the safety of a child or young person up to the age of 18?  
  • Do you think a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed?
  • Are you worried that a child is living in circumstances where they are treated badly and not cared for properly?

If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions and you don’t believe that the child or young person is being supported by a Social Worker, please contact the First Response Service immediately.


Call 0800 1313 126 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday 

  • fax: (01785) 854223

  • email:

  • write to :

    First Response Team
    Wedgwood Building
    Tipping Street
    ST16 2DH

In an emergency, outside office hours, please call 0845 6042886.

If the child you are ringing about already has a dedicated Social Worker please contact them directly in the first instance. 

For more information about the Families First Service (the county council service that support children, young people and families) visit the Children and Family Care  web pages.|

If you are a children’s service professional and want to find more about safeguarding children visit the Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board| web site. Alternatively, to find more information on the county council's Families First Service, please visit the Families First partner web pages.|


There are no results that match your criteria.

How do you rate your experience with this website today?

rate your experience with this website as good rate your experience with this website as average rate your experience with this website as poor
  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Print friendly version of this page
Add Your Feedback