Staffordshire County Council Trading Standards are responsible for enforcing a wide range of legislation relating to the supply and distribution of goods and services.
Make a complaint
Support for local businesses
View information on animal health
Sports grounds safety
Get advice on petroleum
- Lead, mercury and even arsenic has been discovered in counterfeit cosmetics tested by Staffordshire County Council. Testing on a variety of fake make up found ingredients that could at best irritate the skin and at worst, cause serious damage to the body.
- Tuesday 26th May 2015
- New psychoactive substances (NPS), more commonly known as 'legal highs', are emerging as a threat in the UK and worldwide. NPS are not currently controlled by the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (MDA) although they do mimic the effects of controlled substances.
- Wednesday 29th April 2015
- A single 'healthy' kid's meal can contain half of a child's daily salt allowance, an investigation has found.
- Wednesday 25th March 2015